Monday, July 26, 2010

10. He Got Up When It Was Still Dark

Mark 1:35


I like to wake up early and start my day when it’s still dark, but this morning I just couldn’t do it. Yesterday was a long day filled with people and I was exhausted, so I slept on in. Mark tells us that on one occasion Jesus had a day filled with people and healings and opponents. In fact, after the sun went down, every sick person in that town came to find Jesus and Luke says He laid hands on each one of them. It must have taken hours into the night, but Mark says that He got up early the next day, while it was still dark. Even though He was spent. Even though He had practically been up all night, He got Himself up, went off by Himself and spent time with His Father. I love Jesus because taking care of His heart was the most important thing on His mind, even after a long, difficult, harrowing day. He nurtured and cared for the heart that paid for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment