Tuesday, August 17, 2010

13. He Even Forgives In The Present Tense

Mark 10:21


It’s sometimes hard to believe, but it’s an amazing thing to know that if we have trusted in Him, Jesus forgives us for the wrong stuff we’ve done in the past; and although it's harder to understand, I can even stretch myself to see how He has already forgiven us for the stuff we haven’t even done yet because He’s God and He’s outside of time. He exists in an eternal present and already sees all ends and so His forgiveness finds me in what was my yesterday and what will be my tomorrow. But what about the moment when my sin is actually happening? I mean, I have to be done with it and feel really bad about it to get forgiveness, right? No, it’s way better than that! In Mark 10, Jesus was talking to a rich young man who was in the process of self-righteousness and actively walking away from Jesus. And yet, Mark tells us Jesus “looked at him and loved him.” I love Jesus because His love is reaching out to me, caring about me, and forgiving me, even when I am in the middle of walking away from Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment