Sunday, August 28, 2011

96. He Cares What You Think Of Him

Matthew 16:15

For a lot of the people I work with, the number one thing holding them back from a deeper walk with the Lord is that they care way too much about what people think about them. They always want to please and impress everyone and they are always worried about how people took what they said, or what people will think about them. Now, you may have felt this way before... in fact, you probably have. I know that I struggle with it at times - just wanting to be liked and accepted. Thing is, if I didn’t care what other people thought of me, I could just be free. I could just be myself! I’m so tired of insecurity! If I really believed what Jesus says about who I am in Him, I wouldn’t worry one bit what anyone else thought about me but Him, and His good opinion would be enough for me. The funny thing is that caring about others’ opinion of me is bad for me, but it’s not a problem for Jesus in His life. You see, Jesus really cares what people think about Him, but His concern over your opinion of Him has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with insecurity. Jesus isn’t insecure. He knows exactly who He is. Jesus cares about what you think of Him because the way you see Jesus affects the rest of your life. If you think Jesus was just an important but distant historical figure, He won’t change your life, but if you see Jesus as God in the flesh who loves you and gave His life for you, that will change everything. So the question for you today is, who do you say Jesus is?

No comments:

Post a Comment