Wednesday, October 24, 2012

216. He Gave Everything



Do you ever feel like God is holding back on you? Have you ever looked at your own life, then looked around at the other lives around you and thought, “Why is He so hard on me? Why don’t I have what they have? Why do things always work out for them? Why doesn’t God bless me like He blesses them?” I know I’m not the only person who’s ever felt that way, and to be honest, it’s easy to do! Comparison is the most natural thing in the world and yet it’s so dangerous. When you see someone with enough money, all you can think about is how much you need and how desperate your situation feels. When you see someone in a happy dating relationship or marriage when you’re not, all you can think about is your own loneliness. It’s the most natural thing in the world to feel like God is selling you short while He blesses everyone else, but the way it feels isn’t the whole story. It occurs to me that when I’m upset and stuck in comparison, I picture Jesus as a banker with huge piles of blessing like dollar bills, giving some people tons and giving me only a little bit, but that’s the wrong picture. On the night He was betrayed, Jesus took bread and broke it, saying, “This is me. I am going to be broken and poured out for you.” He gave all of Himself for me. He didn’t hold anything back. He has done everything possible to secure my eternal blessing, peace and joy. He laid down His life unto death for me and you because He loves us. He gave it all and the only thing left was love.

No comments:

Post a Comment