Monday, October 4, 2010

19. He Changed My Mind

John 7:46


What if a highly trained, angry mob of soldiers went on a mission to arrest a homeless, defenseless peasant who was just standing in the middle of the street and yet they came back empty-handed? What would you think? Surely it isn’t possible, right? Yet this scenario actually happened. Some religious leaders decided they wanted Jesus in their custody, so they sent temple guards to get Him, but they came back without Him. What happened? Did He slip away from their grasp? Did He fight them off? Did He pay them off? No. He just spoke. He simply talked and in so doing, changed their minds. I love Jesus because as those bewildered soldiers said, “No one ever spoke the way this man does.” I used to think that I have a right to all of my time. I used to think that the only reason people would disagree with me would be if they had not properly listened to my side of the issue. I used to think a whole host of things that I’ve changed my mind about. Why? Because Jesus spoke to me through His word and changed me. I’ve never been the same since.

No comments:

Post a Comment