Monday, October 18, 2010

20. He Cares About Sheep

John 10:11


My friend Tom used to have sheep. Now, you may have always thought sheep are cute and cuddly and sweet, but if so, you were wrong. Sheep are the worst. Tom’s sheep were loud, stinky, gross, stupid, stubborn and really mean. Their eyes are on the sides of their heads and their eyelids are always half-closed so that they look like they’re stoned all the time. They’re not fast, or strong. They can’t protect themselves. If there is one redeeming thing about them, it’s beyond me. Thing is, out of all of the animals in the world, Jesus compared us with sheep. And He’s right! We can be hopelessly headstrong and completely wrong about everything! We are self-obsessed rebels who are too often drunk on our own stupid opinions. We are colossal train wrecks and out of our minds half the time, and yet, Jesus loves us! I love Jesus because He is the Good Shepherd. He not only cares about, but longs for us. He not only puts up with us, He treasures us as His very own! He not only protects us, He laid down His life for us. If I have to be a sheep, at least I know I have a Shepherd like Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment