Sunday, January 16, 2011

33. He Will Never Judge Me

John 5:24


Now don’t get me wrong. I deserve to be judged. So do you. Everyone does. I know this is tough to read, but Romans 3 says that every person alive has fallen short. God made us to know Him and love Him and not only have we broken His rules, but we’ve broken His holy heart as well. When you read the deplorable narrative of this messed up world, we’re not just victims, we’re the villains in this story. We’re all rebels and all lost, but that’s why Jesus came. We deserved judgment. We ought to have experienced the emotional trauma of the convulsion of the universe at the hands of our unthinkable rebellion, and yet, God hans’t treated us that way. To anyone who wants it, God offers forgiveness instead of judgment. But how? If we deserve judgment, how does He forgive? That’s where Jesus comes in, and that’s why He came. I love Jesus because He took my place. He died to pay the penalty for my wrong and has forgiven me. Because of that, He’ll never, ever judge me. That’s why He said, “Whoever hears my word and believes Him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.”

No comments:

Post a Comment