Friday, January 28, 2011

35. He Has Forgiven Even The Stuff I Forgot

Luke 23:34


Today I was driving past one of those contraptions that sits on the side of the road and blinks your current speed at you in big yellow numbers right under a sign with the speed limit. As usual, it was blinking because I was cruising along at a speed that was a tad over the posted limit. Then it hit me... I was in someone else’s car! Yikes! Then I thought to myself, “Have I driven past any speed cameras this morning since I’ve picked up this car that’s not mine?” What if this precious family from whom I borrowed this car wound up paying for a ticket I earned?! What if my wrong cost them and I never even knew it? That made me think of our Lord. When He was dying on the cross, all of the sin of the world was placed on His account, as if He had committed all our wrongs, even though He never did even one wrong thing. I love Jesus because He paid for everything, even the (so-called) little stuff we don’t even realize we do everyday. There are wrongs I’ll never even know I did because He has forgotten and will never tell me. He felt it all, it cost Him dearly and yet He gladly paid because He loves us that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment