Sunday, June 19, 2011

77. He Wants You To Tell Him

Luke 18:41


Okay, so here’s another reason you don’t ‘feel’ God in your life: Your prayer life means nothing to you. We’re both big enough people to be honest about this, right? You don’t really care all that much about prayer and so you don’t pray very often. As a result, you don’t feel very connected to Jesus emotionally. Well, that sort of makes sense, right? I mean, this thing with Jesus is supposed to be a relationship, but if you never really open up and talk with Him all that much, what kind of a relationship do you have? The real question is this: why are you so apathetic about prayer? I mean, the God of the universe has said, “You can talk to me anytime about anything and I will drop whatever I’m doing and just let you whisper in my ear.” What!? That’s amazing! Still, most of us don’t do it. Here’s what I think is going on: most people assume that Jesus only wants to hear so-called ‘important’ prayers about deep, serious issues and that we have to leave our petty wants and desires at the door. That’s just not true. Jesus wants to hear whatever is on your mind. One time Jesus asked a person, “What do you want me to do for you?” Folks, He’s dead serious about that question. It reminds me of a few weeks back, when my 5 year-old daughter scribbled (in her best spelling) the word “Cheetoh Balls” on our grocery list. The girl wanted Cheetohs and so she just put it on the list. Guess what happened - we went to the store and bought them. Seriously, go to Jesus with whatever is on your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment