Monday, December 26, 2011

129. He's Going To Rule

Isaiah 9:7


Have you ever thought, “Am I still this same person?” or “Will I always be this way?” or “Am I ever going to grow past this thing and change?” In my life, it seems that there are certain things... certain struggles or patterns of thinking or cycles of wrong that seem to always persist. Every time I think I’m growing, I find myself right back there again and wondering if I’ve ever actually grown at all. I look in the mirror and see the same old face that seems to be losing the fight against the same old frustrations, insecurities and fears. Will I ever really change? I think everyone feels this way from time to time, and it’s a stifling emotion, because it makes you wonder if your faith is real at all. You know, when the angel Gabriel appeared to little teenage Mary and prophesied the coming of that first Christmas, he said that Jesus would be a king over an everlasting kingdom. Thing is, Gabriel wasn’t the first to bring that prophecy. 700 years before that, Isaiah said that the Messiah would come, born of a virgin and that “of the increase of His government and peace there will be no end.” The promise of Christmas is that Jesus will expand the rule of His kingdom to every single deep and dark corner of this vast universe. We’re not there yet, but one day, no place will be untouched by His power, kindness and will. No molecule will remain outside of His executive influence and meticulous control. Jesus will rule everything, including all the deep and dark corners of my own heart. It may be slow, but I am changing, and one day, I’ll be completely His.

No comments:

Post a Comment