Friday, February 4, 2011

37. He Will Never Reject Me

John 6:37


I’ll never forget the day my best friend got rejected by the new girl from Texas. It was Valentine’s Day, and since we were Middle Schoolers, we had done the required market research: that is, I talked to one of her friends the night before who said that if he asked her out tomorrow, she would definitely say, “Yes.” So, after lunch the next day, my friend walked up to the new girl from Texas and asked her out, but she said, “No.” We were all completely dumbfounded. Turns out that later on the night before, a Sophomore in High School called and asked her out. Now, how was my friend supposed to compete with that?! This other guy had a car! Situations like this are the reason some people are not only afraid to peruse a date, but afraid to try and pursue a relationship with God. They think, “Why would He want me? I wouldn’t accept me.” That’s why I love Jesus. He wanted me when no one else would have. He loves us more than we love ourselves. In John chapter 6 He said that He would never reject anyone who comes to Him. The word translated ‘reject’ is the same word used for casting out demons. I know what that kind of rejection feels like, and though I may have rejected myself, He never will. He wants us for His own.

No comments:

Post a Comment