Monday, February 21, 2011

43. He Never Met A Lost Cause

Luke 19:10


When I was a sophomore in high school, I played tight end on my junior varsity football team. They only threw me one pass the whole year and I dropped it. I was talking to a friend about it in chemistry class one day and wondering if they were ever going to throw me the ball again, when our Chemistry teacher casually walked by my desk and said, “I wouldn’t throw it to you again, you dropped an easy pass.” Wow. Just like that, he had written me off; given up on me. The world is full of people that seem like lost causes, but I love Jesus because He never gives up on anybody. One time a man had been ejected from society, chained up and left in a cemetery for dead, but Jesus found him and changed his life. Once, a woman came to Jesus who was known around town as a prostitute, but Jesus accepted her. The disciples once looked at an overwhelming and unmanageable crowd of people and said, “Lord, send them home.” But Jesus miraculously fed them all. When they mourned the death of Jairus’ daughter, Jesus woke her up. When they said not to disturb Lazarus’ grave because he would stink, Jesus called the man out of death! There’s no situation too hard, and no sin that’s gone too far for Jesus, because He came to seek and to save the lost. When the rest of the world gives up on somebody, He’s just getting started.

No comments:

Post a Comment