Tuesday, March 8, 2011

47. He Will Bring Us To Paradise

Luke 23:43


She had one of the brightest smiles I’ve ever seen. Her face was simply full to bursting with an other-worldly joy and life and love. I only met her a few times, but those encounters have left on me an indelible mark. You see, I want to be happy and energetic and just so full the way she was. She was aptly named ‘Angel’ and this week, all of a sudden, she suffered an aneurysm, underwent two major surgeries and then passed away within a matter of days. Her dearest friends are very dear to me and my heart breaks as they grieve her loss and yet, these same friends are not without hope. They know and I know that the very moment Angel passed from this world, she went to be with Jesus. In fact, she is more alive today than she, or any of us have ever been and she will forever live in paradise with her Lord in gladness, peace and love. One of the most remarkable things that happens in the whole Bible is the moment when a dying man turned to another dying man and asked to be remembered. A crucified criminal turned to the crucified Jesus and asked to be included in His kingdom. You might think, “But wait! He’s dying! What kingdom can He include you in?!” I love Jesus because His kingdom is not of this world. He turned to the dying thief and said, “Truly I tell you, today, you will be with me in paradise.” Paradise... Angel is there. And when I leave this old world, I am going there too. Jesus will bring all who love Him to paradise with Him forever and ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment