Wednesday, March 7, 2012

150. He can Do It Again

Matthew 15:33


Is there anything in your life that you’re afraid to pray about? Do you have something weighing on you, wearing you out, but you just don’t ask God to do anything about it because you think the solution is simply not possible? The other day, I was reading Matthew 15 where Jesus miraculously fed 4,000 people, and there was something that really shocked me. Before Jesus miraculously multiplied the food to feed everyone, He told His guys that He had compassion on these folks and wanted to help them. The disciples answered by freaking out and saying, “Where do you expect us to get enough to food to feed these people?!” When I read that, I was like, “Dudes, are you kidding me? This is Jesus we’re talking about, here! He just fed 5,000 people with a sack lunch in the last chapter! That was like one page ago! Did you already forget what happened one page ago?! He can do the same thing again, no problem! What do you mean, “Where are we going to get food?” - You don’t have to get anything, you have Jesus right there! Dang!” I was so frustrated with those disciples until I realized that I do this same thing all the time. I forget who Jesus is constantly. I forget what Jesus has done for me repeatedly. I get caught up in the panic of a moment and feel like the world is caving in when the truth is that I have Jesus. The One who stilled the storms is in my boat. The One who healed disease has His hands on me. The One who raised the dead is breathing new life into me and promises to be with me forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment