Sunday, March 25, 2012

155. He Adopted You

John 14:18


Have you ever felt completely left-out? Do you know that kind of rejection that leaves you feeling like you just don’t belong anywhere? I bet you have looked around at the folks in your life and thought, “Everyone fits in except me. No one gets me, no one understands me, and I don’t really have a home here.” I know I’ve felt that way before. You know, Jesus says that when we come to know and believe in Him, it’s so much more than a person simply deciding to follow a religion. In fact, He says that we’re family now. The truth is, He has adopted us and made us His very own kids. My brother and sister-in-law are going through the adoption process right now, and it’s so cool to watch them working so hard to make it happen. They pray for their baby, they think about him, they look at his picture all the time, everyday, just longing to hold him. They have filled out impossible amounts of paperwork, raised tons of money and all the while, the little guy probably thinks no one wants him, no one cares and he doesn’t fit anywhere... Just wait till the day when they finally get to go pick up their baby boy and bring him home! That’s what Jesus did for us. It sometimes feels like we’re alone in this world, but it’s not true! We have a home! We are loved! Soon, we’ll see Him face-to-face and know just how deeply He loves us. Jesus won’t leave us as orphans, but is coming to get us! You belong in the heart of the One who laid down His life to make you His very own.

No comments:

Post a Comment