Saturday, October 19, 2013

307. He's The Only One



You know those times when you are at your absolute worst? And I’m talking about the ones no one else even sees. I mean those times when you are alone with your own thoughts and they are so dark that you can’t believe your self. You know the times when you sink so low that you honestly can’t stand yourself? And I’m not talking about insecurity. I don’t mean you aren’t happy with the way you look or your place in life - I mean that you look in the mirror and despise the twisted depths of who you can sometimes be. In those moments - in the scary moments, Jesus loves you. Now, that is not some kind of throw-away statement. It’s not intended to be a Sunday School given that we all know. Take a minute and let it sink in - He loves you at your worst, when you don’t even love yourself. Whoa. This unbelievable truth is the reason Christians say that Jesus is the only way to God. He’s the only one who could possibly love the worst in us. He’s the only one who would sacrifice Himself for a bunch of train wrecks like we were and sometimes still are. I’m sure there are people you would sacrifice for and even die for. I know there are people I would die for, but at the same time, there are plenty of people I wouldn’t die for. And that’s the difference. Our sacrificial love is conditional on friendship or trust or history or blood. Jesus laid down His life for His enemies - for us, at our darkest selves. That’s why it was said that “there is no other name under Heaven by which we must be saved.”

No comments:

Post a Comment