Wednesday, October 23, 2013

308. He Can't Tell Us How Much It Cost



Do you ever struggle to believe that Jesus is for you? Do you ever wonder if He really loves you? Do you ever get so honest and raw about your pain and troubles that you strip away all the churchy stuff and the religious sentiments and just honestly admit that you don’t know how to be sure about His love for you? Sometimes it doesn’t feel like love. Sometimes things are going so badly for you that you don’t feel supported or cared about or even heard by Jesus, right? Some days, it feels like prayer is pointless and you just want to walk away from all of it. In those moments, how can you know for sure that Jesus cares about you? I have an idea. I want you to think about a time that you sacrificed something for someone and they didn’t even know it. Go ahead, try this - think of a time where you did something for someone else and it cost you dearly, but that person never knew. For me, I think about times when my kids were babies and I was sleep deprived but still staying up with them all night in their sickness. They didn’t know and they never could understand it, but I didn’t care. I just loved them. Now think about Jesus. Think about when He was separated from the heart of the Father for us. He lost something that day we could never understand. He could never fully explain the price He paid to have us. Our gratitude for His love is too weak, but He doesn’t care. He gave up more than we could possibly understand because He loves us more deeply than we’ll ever know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment