Tuesday, November 5, 2013

312. He's In Love With You



Sometimes your spiritual life feels like the most dry and lifeless thing in the world, right? There are days when you wake up thinking that the only reason you’re towing the line on this Christian thing is a blah sort of ‘what-else-is-there’ attitude. If you’re honest, you don’t feel as though you’re giving a whole lot to Jesus and when it comes down to it, you’re not getting much feedback from Him. Why is that? Why do you have days and weeks where you just don’t feel very much? Well, of course there are tons of possible explanations and some of them are bound to be beyond our ability to understand, but I know for a fact that one reason people struggle through spiritual dry spells is that they just don’t see Jesus the right way. Maybe that’s you. I know it’s been me a ton of times. I know there are times when I see him pulling me over, running the blue lights and sirens, writing me citations for all my sins. There are times I see Him coldly marking endless tallies in a giant ledger while I cower underneath the disappointed eyes staring through the glasses sliding halfway down His nose. I know these are cliche pictures, but I think we still see them. The truth is, Jesus is like a teenager hopelessly in love, slipping notes into your locker, holding open your car door, carrying your books to class. He’s tripping over His words because His heart just skipped a beat when you walked into the room. Jesus isn’t mad or distant. He’s in love with you. He’s pursuing you passionately, saying, “Arise, my darling, my beautiful one, come with me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment