Tuesday, January 24, 2012

138. He Wants Your Love

Mark 10:15


When an athlete enters the gym for a workout, the coach expects that the athlete will come in there ready to train hard. When a CEO calls a meeting, the other executives in the conference room expect their CEO to enter that board room like a boss, prepared and ready to head up that meeting. I bet you anything that most folks think Jesus has the expectations of a coach or a huge corporation. Most folks think Jesus expects you to really have your act together in order to come to Him. Mark chapter 10 says something different, though. It says that Jesus doesn’t want you to come to him like an athlete or a boss. It says that Jesus wants you to come to Him like a little kid. Now, as you may know, I have three little kids, and I have to tell you that when I get home from work, it’s like Justin Beiber or Taylor Swift rolled up in my house! When I get home and my kids hear the door open, they come flying down the hallway, screaming at the top of their lungs, “Dad! Daddy! Dad!” They tackle me at the door and bombard me with hugs and kisses and smiles and usually we just wind up laughing together in a big pile of bodies in the foyer. Trust me, it’s freaking amazing, and it’s one of my favorite things in the world. Here’s the deal: My kids don’t have it all together. They don’t have it all figured out. They’re not ready to hit the weights or cast a vision for a major corporation, but they love their daddy so much, they drop everything to greet me. That’s all Jesus wants from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment