Saturday, January 28, 2012

139. He Will Personally End Your Hurt

Revelation 21:4


Are you sick and tired of being hurt? Are you ready to stop having your heart broken? What if I told you that not only was Jesus concerned about your pain, but that He actually took it personally? I know you’ve heard about His promise in Revelation 21:4 to get rid of all crying and tears, but did you realize how personal it is? Let me tell you a little story and then we’ll get back to that idea... A couple of years ago when my oldest daughter was in Kindergarten, she came home from school crying her eyes out. Christy and I held her, comforted her and tried to calm her down so she could tell us what was wrong. It turns out that this boy in her class had made fun of her water bottle at lunch, calling it a sippy cup and saying Anna was a baby. Then everyone in the class called her a baby and started to laugh. Anna then looked up with those tear-stained eyes and begged me not to send that water bottle anymore. Friends, my heart was seething. I wanted to find that little kindergarten punk and make it right, and I felt that way because I am her dad. Did you know Jesus feels that way about you, but way more deeply? He cries your tears with you. His heart breaks with yours and in the end, He’s not just going to get rid of pain and hurt. He’s not just going to make sure your tears are wiped away... He’s going to personally wipe them off of your face with His own, nail-scarred hands. He loves you, and He’s personally going to make everything right.

No comments:

Post a Comment