Friday, July 5, 2013

279. He Offers Peace When It Doesn't Make Sense



Have you ever looked at your overwhelming problems and thought that you’ll work on being peaceful later, after all these storms have passed? I mean, we all realize that a big part of knowing the Lord is the peace that He offers, but how can you have that trusting heart of rest right now, in the middle of everything? Surely peace is something that appears in much more advanced and mature believers, right? Have you ever thought that peace is one of those things that comes with being old, retired and bored? I know that for me, the strain of my everyday struggles leaves me feeling fretful and irritated. I can feel my blood boiling with all of my issues and cares. How can a person be peaceful when our life seems to be in such turmoil? One of the things that amazes me about Jesus during His last hours on earth was His calm, composed manner. This wasn’t just a personality trait, either but rather an unearthly, otherworldly peace that I want. Jesus knew what was facing Him and yet He healed Malchus’ ear, eased Peter’s zeal, reasoned with the soldier who struck Him blindfolded, told the women of Jerusalem not to weep for Him, led the thief on the cross to salvation and even provided a home for His mother with John. He was at ease and in perfect peace throughout the most violent tragedy in the history of the world. God’s peace isn’t just for spiritual ninjas. It’s a gift for everyone. Jesus offers it to you. He’s in control, even when it doesn’t make sense and wants you to be at ease. If you need His peace, just ask Him for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment