Tuesday, April 5, 2011

55. He Still Wants You Even After You Screw Up

Luke 22:32


Okay, so you’re a screw-up. So what? So am I. Everyone is. You know it, I know it and guess what? Jesus knows it too and He’s ready to move on. Now, you might be thinking, “Wait a minute... I’ve kinda always thought that slipping back into my old life after following Jesus would make me disqualified. Isn’t Jesus gonna bench me if I mess up again?” Dang, I know you’ve heard that. I heard it too. I grew up in that same church. And it didn’t stop at the church! When I played JV football, the quarterback threw me one pass and I dropped it. One pass was all I ever got. They never threw me the ball again! Here’s the thing: Your spiritual life isn’t JV football and Jesus isn’t like my bald-headed old coach! You’re not disqualified just because you mess up. If Jesus only wanted people who never messed up, He would be reigning over a kingdom of One. We’re all screw-ups. There is no pastor, missionary or martyr who hasn’t put a foot back into their old life. In fact, most of them have jumped back in head first from time to time. The thing I love about Jesus is that He loves to use people who are flat-out messed up. One time He not only predicted the upcoming sin of one of His friends, but He said, “And when you’re done with that sin, get up, dust yourself off, then turn and strengthen your brothers.” Jesus knows you’re not perfect. He knows you’re going to sin again, and guess what? He still loves you and has a job for you to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment