Tuesday, April 19, 2011

59. He Wants To Hear Your Story

Mark 5:33


Do you ever feel like you’re all alone in your struggles? You know, like you can’t tell anyone what you’re going through because no one has time to hear it, no one wants to try and understand you and you’re sure they’re gonna think you’re just a whiner? Well dang, maybe you should feel that way because let’s be honest, some folks in your life have said those exact words to you! I’ve had seasons of struggle in my life that I weathered completely on my own because there wasn’t a soul who wanted to hear it. I know that feeling from the inside my friend, and let me tell you, it sucks. You feel like everybody’s got more important people to be with and more important things to do than listen to your sob story. And like I said, the really sucky thing about this whole deal is that if you feel that way, you’re probably right! Folks in your life have flat-out demonstrated that they don’t care about your problem. Here’s the thing: Jesus cares. He made you, loves you and has all the time in the world for whatever is on your heart. My daughters really love the Disney movie ‘Mulan.’ Now look, on my own, I never would’ve watched it; but they love it, and I love them, so I love it. I honestly know every word to those songs, because that’s what love does. One time a frail, hurting lady was suffering from a long-term disease. Jesus was on a dire mission but she touched His clothes for healing. He didn’t care. He stopped the frantic procession just to hear this lady’s whole story. He loves you like that. For real.

No comments:

Post a Comment