Sunday, April 10, 2011

56. He Loves The Real You

John 4:17-18


Do you know what it feels like to put up a front? You know what I mean, right? You only show people the best version of yourself. Your Facebook profile is always a great picture of you, and not a raggedy, struggin’ one, right? When you’re with other folks, you’re smiling and you’re upbeat and you look like you’ve got it all together, even though you don’t. Do you know how that feels? Because I do. I’ve been like that. I’ve hidden behind so many fronts and the truth is, I’m hiding from myself. I don’t want anyone to see who I really am because I’m afraid they’ll reject me. Well, check this: my friend Tom and I go into a local jail every week to do a Bible study with some of the inmates, and I wish you could have seen the looks on their faces this past Tuesday when Tom said, “You know guys, Jesus doesn’t love everybody.” Whoa... it was like all the oxygen just left the room. You could hear a pin drop and guys were like, “I’m sorry, but WHAT!?” Tom continued, “I’m serious. Jesus doesn’t love Batman, or the Easter Bunny. You see, Jesus doesn’t love fictional characters. Which means He doesn’t love your front. He loves you... the real you.” One time Jesus was talking to a woman who tried to front Him. He laughed, called her out and then loved her anyway... And I mean, He loved the REAL her. I love Jesus because He loves the real you... the one you’re afraid someone might see. Jesus loves the ‘you’ that you don’t even like very much. He is absolutely, head-over-heels crazy in love with exactly who you really are.

No comments:

Post a Comment