Saturday, February 18, 2012

145. He Cares About The Little Things

Luke 12:6


This past week, I was given a couple of gift cards to restaurants. Now, I know that this may sound silly, but those two gift cards filled me with a sense of how much God loves me - and if you can dig it, they made me want to just throw my hands up and praise Him. Again, I know that sounds a bit over-the-top, but here’s why: Thursday is our day off and we don’t do anything usually, except go on a date when we find a babysitter. In the past 4 weeks, we haven’t had our day off because of some necessary (and even sweet) family emergencies. We have loved serving our family, but it’s been tough to miss those days off 4 weeks in a row. This week, when I got those gift cards, I took them to be a gift from the Lord. It was like Jesus was saying to my heart, “Hang in there, dude. I know you haven’t had a break in a while, but it’s coming. In fact, here’s a couple of free meals on me for when you finally do get a date with that girl of yours.” You see, it may seem like a small thing, but here’s something I love about Jesus: Nothing in your life is small-time to Him. He cares about it all. Twice in Scripture, Jesus talks about how much God cares about sparrows. In Matthew 10, two sparrows are sold for a penny. In Luke 12, it’s five sparrows for two pennies. To the world, sparrows are going down in value, but to Jesus, they still matter. The little details of your life matter to Jesus, no matter how small they seem.

No comments:

Post a Comment