Wednesday, February 22, 2012

146. He Wants You To Relax

Matthew 6:25


Do you ever worry about stuff because it seems like the right thing to do? I mean, I know that at first that sounds kinda weird, but when you really stop and think about it, that’s probably how most people function most of the time. We feel like worry is a good thing. We feel like worry is the responsible thing to do. My friend Tom says, “Worry is my contribution to the problems of the world.” Here’s the thing though: What does worrying solve? If you saw a person who was completely carefree all the time, what would you think about them? Would you say that person was irresponsible? Would you say that person was immature? Would you say that a person who is just carefree needs to grow up and face ‘the real world’ like the rest of us? Here’s the only problem: Jesus wants you to relax. Jesus doesn’t want you to worry or be afraid ever again. I think that when we get to heaven and we see the Lord face to face, one of the first things we’re gonna feel is something along the lines of, “Man, I should’ve had more fun down there. I should have laughed more.” Jesus said, “Don’t worry about your life.” Wow. Just don’t worry. It’s like Jesus is saying, “I know you think worry and fear are signs that you are a realist who sees the world as it actually is, but the truth is, I’ve got this. Every single molecule in this universe answers to me like a soldier answering to his commanding officer. I will provide for you and meet your needs. Now, bank on it. Love it. Relax. Kick your feet back and trust Me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment